Wednesday 13 May 2020

BEING PRODUCTIVE

Hello people! I am back for another entry. For this one, there will be several things that I will be sharing on. It would not be a long one I suppose.

Before I begin, I would like to thank you for dropping by and double thanks to those who leave your comments. I love reading your comments because it keeps me motivated. Thank you.

So, let us begin.

On May 10, 2020 (Sunday), we had the Mother's Day celebration but I think it is not too late for me to once again wish all the mothers out there, a happy blessed Mothers Day! I actually found out about it on Saturday morning when I woke up early and bumped into people's post on social media wishing a happy Mother's Day for their mom. I am so bad with dates and numbers. So, I considered myself lucky because I get to know about it a day before. I was thrilled, so I discussed with my other siblings on what we should do for the celebration. I actually messaged one of the cake seller on Facebook asking for the price of the cake. I was interested to buy one with the supermom cartoon sketch. Unfortunately, when he told me that it will cost me RM80 for a 1 KG cake, I think that it would not worth the amount of money that I will be paying for. I do want to support local businesses but there will be more than ten mouth to feed with the cake later that I think spending that amount for a small cake would be a waste of money. Thus, we agreed on buying the Chocolate Indulgence cake from Secret Recipe. It costs us RM95 for a +- 2KG cake. See the difference in terms of price and weight, not to mention the heavenly taste. We bought the cake on Saturday and celebrated on Sunday evening since my sister was fasting. It was a pleasant one. 





By the way, my siblings and I managed to get the ceiling and main gate painted white. We dd it! That is one of the productive activity we did for the week. 

Are you ready for the BIG NEWS?!

Yesterday, I managed to find my time (midnight as usual) to continue with the novel writing. I am always excited and nervous about getting the novel done and the most nerve wrecking part was to reach my minimum words count goal of 50,000 words count. I managed to add 4270 words yesterday. I started writing at around midnight while enjoying my Korean drama about doctors. It was a distraction because I obviously incapable of writing and watching at the same time. So, I literally spent more time watching than writing. With that 4270 words added up, I finally reached that 50,000 words count target! I stopped at around 7.30 in the morning with 50,675 words. I felt super excited and proud of myself for the achievement. This is one of the most serious project and wish list that I have been putting into my current life priority. I am serious about getting it done and published. I felt drowsy so I went to bed at 7.30 till 10.00 am this morning and woke up to entertain my cousin who visited us, asking for help with his laptop. I had my nap before dinner and here I am now, blogging about it and everything. 




I am truly proud of the achievement on writing up to the 50,000 words count goal but of course the novel is not yet finish. I will keep on writing and try my best to get it done before the end of the latest 5th MCO (9th June 2020). Since I have written up till 50,000 words, I am giving myself a new challenge to write about 10,000 more words and make it 60,000. I may be writing more or less than 60,000 words but the goal for now is to finish the novel, that is the biggest aim of this project. I really hope that you are as excited as I am with the novel. I am not sure if the genre, characters and story lines will suits everyone's preference or interest but I wanted to write a sincere novel as my very first debut. If it goes well then more will be coming under the same genre. If it doesn't then I am still fine with it. As I said, I am writing it with sincerity. For the next project, I may want to write a non-fiction or another fiction on fantasy or romance or anything. Time will tell. Please bear with me and support me once I have got the book published. You may like or dislike the way I wrote the book but of course you are all welcomed to share an honest review and critics on the novel, once I have it published. Calculating the days, weeks and months spent on working with the novel, since I actually wrote the first three pages back in early February, I had actually spent about four months, working with the novel writing. I had no serious intention when I first wrote the first three pages because I just want to write something I feel like writing, something like journal writing and it was buried in my laptop for more than a month when I finally decided to spent my Movement Control Order (MCO) by finishing the novel writing. I am glad that I decided to treat it more seriously because that determination has driven me to go this far (50,000 +) words in approximately four months. I am proud with this achievement considering I spent years with the Malay novel I had been trying to write and after some years, I had only written 55,186 words and it is not even finished yet. Can you see the difference of time spent and words count written? That is why I am proud of myself for being able to take it up this far.



Right now, I should be spending time to add some more stuff to the novel but I am not really in the right mood to do so and if I force it, I may commit more mistakes or worst, write something that might not be favorable to my readers. So, I am writing a blog post instead.

After this post is uploaded, I will be watching the final episode of the Korean Drama (Doctors) and later on watch some videos on books and novels publishing, just to give myself some motivation to keep going.

I guess, that would be a wrap for the post. I did not keep my words when I said this is going to be a short one. Sorry, and if you read from top till this very word, I thanked you very much for dropping by and spending time reading my thoughts.


Till next time,

Adam Geordrey
(Soon to be Author)

No comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!