Sunday 31 May 2020

My Infamous Life Updates

Hello readers! How is everyone doing so far? I hope everyone is feeling good. For this post, I shall be sharing some updates on how things has been doing so far. Bear with me.

Let's begin with buying more books part. So, as you all know I am a big fans of books. I bought some few weeks ago and those books has finally arrived. I am super thrilled as the parcel arrived at our doorstep. I know that the questions is whether or not I have enough time to read them all. Well, for me when it comes to books, its always good to have extra than to have less and facing miserable empty moments while waiting for the next book to be read or bought. So, why not buying more while you actually have more you haven't even read. I'd say why not? Especially when they appear at the right time with the right offer?

So, here are the newly arrived/purchased books I got from online store:

So, here are all three parcels I received and two of them contains books!

This is how the seller wrap the books! How kind and thoughtful he is right?
These are the books right after I have just unpacked them!!!

It's wrapping time! Never let them go unprotected!

Secured right?

I loved it that the seller gave free gift card and bookmarks for every purchase! Love it.

This book is from my favourite author! Love it!
So, as you can see I have three new books in my collection. The one entitled More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera was bought from an online bookstore called Bookurve. You can click this link here to check on their site https://www.bookurve.com/ This is a Malaysian site but impressively they are selling books from all over the world. Trust me when I say ALL OVER THE WORLD because even self published books are available here, perhaps the forbidden or banned books are also available here. Well, forbidden doesn't means it is bad, maybe it is too sensitive for some culture, people or country; that is why they are called forbidden. Also bear in mind, it may be forbidden in your area but not as bad in other places. So, if you have any interest in finding or buying rare books or genres, do check on the site! ps: they are offering free lifetime memberships that enables you to collect points or cashback so you will enjoy more benefits on your next purchase! And not to forget, they give cute adorable bookmarks too!

As for the next two, Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick and Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick, I bought them from Instagram. It is an online book store selling brand new and used books. These two are used book but they looked quite new to me. I can still smell that new paper scent from the pages inside. Each book costs me RM15 (MYR15) and RM15 for the postage fee which in total I paid RM45 for the two books with postage fee. How cheap is that?! The seller has also gave a cute bookmarks with a sweet small note (Which I will use as a bookmarks too). So, if you are interested to buy books or view any offers they currently have, please go to Instagram and search for thespinesbookstore or just click here https://www.instagram.com/thespinesbookstore/?hl=en 

Enough talks about books. Now let's move on to the next thing; My Craving for cakes!
So, yesterday I suddenly have that feeling of eating something sweet like cakes so I said, why would I find any reason if I feel like eating one though there is no occasion or whatsoever right? So, I asked my lil bro to go and buy one whole cake for us and to not waste the space and candles, I told him to write my car's name on it, so there you can see how do I call my cute little car.



It's Tiramisu!

Next on, just now I went to the bus courier service to get the traditional pastry sold by my former student. He told me that he is selling a traditional pastry called Kuih Cap. So, to show some support and encourage him to do more stuff like this in the future, I decided to buy a big pack of it and asked him to send it over using bus courier. I love the taste! It tastes soooo good!

This is where I went to just now with Mr John

And this is how the food looks like. Yummy!
Now, I would like to tell more about my debut novel that I am currently working with. Last week, I had a serious issue with my laptop. I couldn't log in and that was my greatest nightmare! I was mad and sad at the same time. The first thing I had in mind was, what will happen to the novel I was working on? What will happen to all my personal files and documents inside the laptop? I tried to type every possible password but it was not accessible that I almost do something violent on it which I did not since I chose to go to sleep instead. 

The next day, I woke up at 4 in the morning and tried my luck. After trying the same thing for more than 10 times, I violently pressed on the touch-pad and keyboards, guess what? Miraculously it was accessible. Without wasting any seconds, I went into the room and transferred everything starting with the novel draft. I uploaded them to my email, in case the files got corrupted. Once everything was transferred, I asked my lil bro to format the laptop but I never had the courage to use it or keep any files in it, it was too risky. So, not having my own laptop for the past few years (the one with the issue mentioned was a laptop I borrowed), I decided to go and buy my own laptop. I did not want to spend too much money on buying an expensive one but at the same time I would love to have a small in size and light in weight while good enough for me to do my works. Well, of course there wont be any that is small, good and cheap because usually if its cheap, it will be big, heavy and poor performance while the one in smaller size, lighter weight and good performance will surely be expensive. Fortunately, after going ups and downs the whole building at the mall, I found the one I was looking for, not too big, not too heavy, good performance and affordable price. It costs me RM1399 (price shown is just for self reminder) and I got some free gifts from the shop. The sales assistant was so friendly and I love it! 







The size is just nice right? I love it!

Hopefully, with this new laptop, I would be able to keep on writing and finish the novel as soon as possible since the biggest goal is to get it published within this year. Do support me once I did publish it okay?

And for self records too, I have written 63,943 words so far and going to end the story real soon I hope. I am expecting the total words counts for the complete novel is somewhere between 70,000 - 80,000 words. Need to keep it within that range. Do pray for me.


Last but not least, I think I had mentioned it before that this year I am applying for a scholarship under the government to pursue my masters. I had submitted two applications for a scholarship to the UK but both was rejected, this year I am giving it a shot for locals. The lists of candidates who will be called for an interview will be announced this coming Monday and I am super nervous. Please pray for me so that I would be in the list and hopefully would be able to pursue my masters under the scholarship within this year.

This is the one I applied for. Do pray for me, please.

Well, I believe that would be all for this entry. I hope you enjoy reading though I believe that my life isn't as interesting as any celebrities or your crush that you would rather read into but I truly appreciate your time and kindness to drop by and read my post. Please pray for me for the scholarship and also, do support me once I have got the books published. I am super excited and nervous at the same time.

With Love,
Adam Jodrie
(Soon-to-be-Author)


Love you all!

Bye!

No comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!