Monday 1 June 2020

Writing A Book in a Diary Form

Hello people, as I logged into this blog of mine, I realised that the entry that I posted before this one was not even read by anyone yet which means that this one may as well be unread but still, I chose to write up and get it posted.

So, as you all know I am currently working on my very first debut novel which is about 80% completed but still under the first draft. I know that I should put more time and effort in writing it up and finish the novel as soon as possible instead of working on the next one. However, knowing myself better I know that I should get the second project started while I am still having that drive in me. 

Just so you know, the second project I am working with is written in a diary form. Down below is the short paragraph I wrote on the first page before I even get the writing started. I wanted it to be clear that this is how it shall turn out to be, a diary.

I decided to write a story which shall be written in the form of a diary. I choose to make the story line remain a secret and let the whole writing journey itself reveal the story of the main character and what his diary was all about. Date and time used may be aligned to the present time but there may be some changes or flashback to be written in the future. So, bear with me.


I was so enthusiastic about it that I even come out with my own cover design along with how I shall call this book. For the time being I have no intention of changing the title of the book. So, that is how I should call it once it is ready to be published. It is so irony that I haven't even decided on the title for my debut novel and yet I have decided for the one that I myself are not sure when it shall be completed or ready to be published. However, since I want to choose the right title for my debut novel, then so be it. I am listing every possible title that later on will be chosen as how my debut novel should be called.

On the other side, since I have designed the cover for the new one I am working on, I am going to upload it here and share it with you guys. Let see how do you think of the cover. As for the cover, I am not sure too whether it shall be used as the real cover for once the book is done but for now I am going with the one I had designed. I loved it. Hopefully you do too.


This is the cover for my new book.
There you go. The cover that I designed myself. What do you think? The title of the book is Belial Gadreel. And it is a diary written from his point of view.

As you all know, diary or journal is something people keep to write down all they wanted which mostly are secrets in their own heads.We hold so many things underneath our mind and those are things called secrets. Since those information are highly secretive, it gets hard for us to keep it to ourselves but at the same time, spilling it out to everyone or even anyone would be the least favorable thing we would want to do. That is why, we ended up keeping a diary or a journal so we could have 'someone' who would listen to all that we had wanted to say not knowing writing it down is the first step to revealing the secrets and risking it to be known by those whom we may not want to.

That one paragraph is the extract of how the writing of the diary initiated by this one and only guy called Belial Gadreel.

Well, I hope you are excited about the book as much as I am. For this one, there is no pressure in getting it done as soon like how I treated my debut novel but it would be really nice if I could finish it within this year too, along with my debut novel.

So, I guess that should be it for this post. Thank you for dropping by and read stuff on this humble and infamous blog of mine.

It's 4:37 am right now and here I am wide awake while everyone has gone to bed having their sweet dreams under their peaceful night sleep.

Till then, bye.

With Love,
Adam Jodrie
(Author to be)

1 comment:

withevelyn said...

Hi Adam. It's me, Evey. I've deactivated all my social media except for FB that I've recently reactivated so I haven't been able to contact you. I wanted to talk with you about writing more, to hear about your book updates but since my IG is deactivated, I'll just enjoy your updates through your blog post. And did you joined the NaNoWriMo last month?


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!