Sunday 3 May 2020

New Normal Pros and Cons - COVID-19

Hello readers! I am back for another entry. I was supposed to sit before the laptop to continue with the novel writing but I am not so sure if I have the strength needed for that matter at the moment. Well, not because I am tired of writing or thinking but I do believe that in order for me to have the strength to start/continue writing, I should be in my most comfortable state. Well, I believe every writer would have said the same thing. I mean, I can just push it but that may not be the best thing to do for it will surely affect the way each word are typed and of course the way every ideas are arranged. Getting the novel done is of course the main goal but I do not want to do it just for the sake of doing it. I want to write something that I myself would love and hoping that my readers would love it too. How would I expect the readers to enjoy what I write if I myself are not enjoying what I wrote, right?



Going back to the topic as mentioned in the head above, I believe we all are now having our new normal due to the impact of the Pandemic that we are mostly staying home and adapt to the new normal of doing everything from home. Workers are working from home, students are studying and learning from home and there are also front-liners who may have to work extra hours due to the pandemic. This is our new normal. To me personally, there is a pros and cons in the new normal caused by this pandemic.

On the positive side, as I have mentioned in the previous entry, I get to be at home as this is the longest period I ever spent at home while having no extra needs of waking up early to go to work or even to spend extra hours in the afternoon on the weekdays or weekends as I always would since I am officially working from home. I will normally prepare my online quizzes generated using the google form for my students to learn my subject while staying at their respective home. I have shared one of the quiz I prepared for them in my previous post too. I purposely prepared maximum of 20 Multiple Choice Questions because I want them to learn in a more flexible and less pressured atmosphere. I know that their other subject teachers have been giving them works to do too, so I do not want mine to be a stressful subject or a burden on top of the other subjects. Now that is one of the new normal as an impact of this pandemic.

I was really happy when the book has arrived safely in my hand!

Another thing that I would feel really grateful as an impact of this stay-at-home trend is, I get to read more on Wattpad, my novels (including Chicken Soup for The Soul - the one I least favor) and of course working on my very first English novel. On the writing part, I was super excited when I first began and trust me I still am. I may felt a little tired having the same routine daily which felt exhausting of working the same thing everyday and all are done at home. I kind of blame the 'being at home' all the time while trying to manage everything from works to personal stuff is a little too overwhelming. I am saying this because I literally feel that the only source of my connection with the outside world is by scrolling through my social media account or watching the television. It does not feel as great as compared to meeting real people in the real outside world. But then again, I know that this quarantine and lock down is for the sake of everyone. I am just expressing what I feel personally and it has no intention of blaming anything or anyone. I do not want to be too stressed out with what's happening, so I believe by sharing it on my blog writing like this is one of the way for me to avoid from being stressed out, or worse go nuts. Government offer counselling services if we need someone to talk to. So, if you feel stressed out and have no idea on who to talk to or how to deal with your emotions, please go and seek for their help. Do not be skeptical to see the word HELP because HELP in this sense does not means you are problematic or what, you just need someone to trust, listen to you and understand your situation, there is no harm in that. We all need that someone right? If we could not find one from our circles of family, friends or even social media friends, there are counselors who are more than willing to help. Who knows it may turn into a real friendship? We never know right? So, do not hesitate to call for help if you have such problems or issues. Or you can try to write a journal or just blog it like I am doing right now. You shall feel better after you have done so.

Open it as fast as I could as I was super excited to see how it looks like!

Anyways, I would like to share on the books I purchased online from Bookurve. I have received the parcel and as they mentioned in our WhatsApp messages, they will be sending the first two and the other one shall be delivered after the MCO is ended. Now, on the two novels that I have received. I was so happy when they postmen stopped at our gate and delivered them to me. Being a book lovers much, I could not wait to open the books and so I did. As usual, I never dig into the book before getting them wrapped. Thanks God that I found all the stuff needed for that matters. So I did. 

I never let the book go unwrapped, not reading before wrapping!


Actually, I do not want to start with a new book for my reading routine but I just can't help it. So, I grabbed the one of the book that I purchased online and started reading. To be honest, I do not feel the price RM89 paid for this book worth the quality of what I have received. I am not so sure why; it could be since USD converted into MYR that I have to pay so much for such a thin book. Not only that, the font was terrible to the eye of the reader (me in this case). There are too many repetitive words and narration which seems to be done purposely to make the story longer but obviously not as interesting. The cover was a little to exposing that I have to make it covered with something so it would not seem to be too erotic because the story was not that kind of erotic. Well, can't help it but people do judge the book by its cover. I read about two or three chapters and almost approaching the middle part of the book. I had to stopped before I ended up finish the reading and regret over my RM89. I still have the Chicken soup book and I am still reading one or two stories daily to make it more sense in my reading and of course in the effort of finishing the book.

This is the one I mentioned. Thin, terrible font and sad paper/book quality with the price of MYR89


Now, here's a little update on the English novel writing that I am currently working on. As I typed into this entry I have written about 40,487 words so far in the novel I am working on. The goal is to reach 50,000 words at least or making it goes till 60,000 or 70,000 or 80,000 the maximum I should be writing. It's actually almost there but I am kind of not into into writing as much lately but I must keep writing if I want it to be published as soon as possible. Finish the writing then editing and more works after which is more fun I suppose. Do pray for me so I could have the strength and ideas to keep on writing.

Anyways, I was thinking that I should do book review on the one that I have read. Was thinking of making a vlog for the review. Should I? Well, see how thing goes.

That would be all for now. Till next time.

Love.

Adam Geordrey
(Author to be)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Same habit. Every time I buy new books, though I won't read it straight away, the first thing that I'd do is to wrap it XD I'm kind of curious about the "a little too exposing" book. Is it a self-publish book?

I could finally read your blog posts and comment! XD

Your friend,
Evie.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!