Friday 16 December 2022

Vivy Yusof - The First Decade book signing at Kinokuniya Bookstore, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

This has to be one of the most excited and precious content of my blog I'd say! The excitement was indescribable that I turn on my laptop and start typing, as soon as I had my shower. 

It's Friday and the day and date that I have been waiting for. Well, I started my Friday with a morning walk to Kompleks Perdana Siswa, University of Malaya to activate my student card which functions as a debit card and matric card. Done with that one, I walked around searching for non-meat food since its Friday after a failed attempt to visit the UM store to buy some UM merchandise. And then, I went home, took my cloths out to the sun for a second day drying and did something on my HRMIS for some data amendment. Then, the highlight of the day begins!

My room mate and I book a ride to KLCC for the Vivy Yusof book signing at Kinokuniya Bookstore, KL. It was a solo plan at first and I am really glad that Mark decided to tag along, the idea is to show me how to get there or go home from there by the LRT. Let's go straight to the highlight of the day!

We arrived at KLCC somewhere around 3.05 pm and I was quite nervous thinking that the signing might have started since on the poster it was stated 3.00 - 4.00 pm and I was afraid that if I came late, they won't let me in! Thankfully the event has not started yet and I walked as fast as I could to grab the book, pay and queue in line for the book signing event.

Well, that's me with the book in my hand! I decided to start reading while waiting. Mark went straight inside the store for his book hunting. I do feel bad if he has to wait longer for me to get my book signed, I hope he don't mind waiting. Well, he did told me he was drowned in the book hunt - so I take it as he hardly notice the time passed by in the waiting for me to chase for my dream! (and here I am being overdramatic!).

It does feel good to be a part of something great. What I mean is, it was expected that most who will be attending the event are ladies and yes, around 80% was ladies but I felt so proud of myself as I saw more and more gentleman joined the queue, either queueing for themselves like I did or accompanying their spouse and friends. As passerby viewed the scene of us queueing and are clueless of what was going on, it made me feel even greater since I may be like them when I missed the book launch and could not pre-register myself for the December 11th event of the book launch. But now, here I am! In the same line with those who obviously mark the date and counting to today!

Now, here's the thing about going solo. I kind of have no one to rely on for video recording or photo taking. Fortunately, Vivy's husband Fadza was being very supportive of his wife and of course a friendly one too. He volunteered to take the photo for all who attended single, like me! Hahaha. So, of course a wefie with Vivy and Fadza is the best to end the quick signing session!

See, this is another blessing in disguise! I am nervous about the thought of coming to KL and UM to pursue my masters but on the bright side, I am closer to events like this. This is exactly what I needed to keep viewing the world from a different perspectives. As Mark said, if I hadn't been here in KL, I would only be watching the videos of strangers updating their experience like this one. But its different now, I am part of it and I am sharing my experience for those who are like me, someone who used to be amazed by big names and can only feel the pride and excitement from afar, now I get to be closer to it and everyone should and will too!

PS: I had my first experience using LRT today from KLCC to LRT KL Gateway. Yeay!

I guess it would be enough for now. I did a short video on the whole book signing stuff and posted it on my TikTok. Feel free to follow me there on TikTok. Just search for @adamjodrie or click on the link below. You shall see all my social media and you may click on them in the link.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Keep dreaming and working towards making its real!

YOU MAY CONTACT ME HERE OR FIND MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA HERE

With love,

Adam Geordrey.

No comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!