Saturday 24 November 2012

The 'Big Project' Sharing


Hello everyone! How’s life? Been good? Great? Or it is just an ordinary one which comes and goes as it always does? Well, whatever it is just to remind us all how we important it is for us to be grateful and appreciate everything that we have in this life. Never think that we are the unlucky one because there are some other people who face a harder life than we are.
          Back to the topic for today’s post but before that just let me say SORRY for keep you waiting for the post about this project. I know that I have mentioned about it like long time ago and it really took me a while to be managed to sit and create this post.
          So here we go. Actually, this ‘Big Project’ is one of the tasks given to us as a future educator which knows ‘how to handle a library’. For this task, we were assigned to renovate a library. So, it is just a kind of the ‘surface work’ of library management. Now, let us go through every step that we have experienced all the way in completing this task.
          Just for everyone’s information, we were given a religious school in Papar which is SMKA TDM, Papar, Sabah. It’s an old established school with a new building. So, it means that the library that we have is a totally new and a never-been-used room (for a purpose of a library). So, here it is the picture of the library before we start with the renovation.

The whole room before the cleaning started

My Group's Section

So, as you all can see the room is not just appeared in a very messy look but it is also no well organized though it is just an empty un-used room. That would be the biggest problem for each and every one of us. Fortunately, I am a kind of person who really loves organizing, planning, decorating, renovating and doing things that will end up with result that can satisfy me and make me happy. As I have learned and read before (I did it [found out] myself too), the first thing that can make the job easier is that we need to do CLEANING. So we did!

we're cleaning..
The room after we've done with the cleaning
We’ve done cleaning and arranging. What’s next? This might be the LEAST important part for some people but for ME this is the most important thing to do before we start with the renovation. What is it? It is PLANNING! Without a proper planning, we might end up with frustration (due to unexpected result) of re-do the same work over and over again (and it’s wasting time). So, the planning goes like this. I (just an acting leader) divided my so called TEAM into 4 groups where basically each group would have about 6-10 ++ members in their group (my group is only consists of 4 members). So, there it goes. Dividing task and we have our own responsibilities. Just forget about the other group because this post would be so long and that it will make you giving up reading it till the end.
          So, now continue with my own super group! We were assigned to do the circulation section. So, as I always did. Planning! We do our plan first about what to do and the ideas! After we’re done with the planning and brainstorming, all that we need to do is to do a FINAL cleaning up and section clearance. This is really help by the time that we wanted to start with the work.

The 'Teman Tapi Mesra' Group!
Planning. Brainstorming. It is time do start with the work. Now, in our small group we had also divided all the work equally and what makes us a great group is that we help each other to finish each other’s work. How great is that? This part, I think it would be best if it is illustrated through pictures. So, just view these pictures. Hope you like them.

With the trimming and laminating

Working from HOME the whole night till day

Own designed decorated Drawer Box

Putting the ideas onto the Drawer Box

The enthusiastic Asz with her custom made flower petals with stars

Covering the table with the fabric

Covering the Pipe with the fabric 'you have no idea where it is'
Well, those are the pictures taken during the ‘working’ session. It is amazing because we actually spent about only two days to do the work and yeah, a day of planning. That is what I called as THE POWER OF PLANNING. Now, you might want to see the result of the whole process. Well, yeah. We managed to get it done in a very short period of time. Maybe I should focus more on my Group’s section. As I have mentioned earlier, we were assigned to finish the work at the circulation corner. So here they are!

The PSS Prefect's Corner made by us!

Our group has produced this awesome result for the Circulation counter

The circulation counter. Love it!

Nice isn't it? See the polka dot wrapper? Thats the custom drawer box that we've designed!
That’s it! As you can see in the pictures above, we have produced a GREAT result. Don’t we? Well, you might want to see the whole room. The room ‘before and after’ the renovation. I guess to tell them in words might be boring. So, I've uploaded the pictures and you can see them as arranged below. 

The main entrance, made by my group

The sweet corner, also made by my group

This is the whole view of the main entrance

The room. Did you see the purple curtain on the board? I made it j by using just a piece of cloth and double sided tape. Can you imagine how hard it is?

The other part of the room

The whole view from the front side

The other part of the room
Well, basically that’s it. It is a great experience actually because it is my own interest (decorating) and I really love it when what I was able to use any specialty that I have to contribute in this ‘Big Project’. Frankly speaking, for me it is supposed to be a medium that we should use to have fun FOR FREE! Unfortunately, different people have different way to look at it. What ever it is, I can’t change people if they have this idea of ‘I WAS BORN THIS WAY!’. And because of that, I also have this one idea about it which is ‘We’ll see if our selfishness and egoism can bring us anyway further than where we are standing right now’.

The Alfahrey's


Thanks for being patience waiting for this post about the ‘Big Project’. I hope that you like it and yeah, you are most welcome to adopt and adapt the idea that we have in decoration. Have a feeling like want to ask anything or any idea or suggestion regarding room/space decorating? You can always email me (peppermintblended@yahoo.com) or just leave a comment here. I will try my very best to help you! By the way, don’t forget to follow me/view me in my Online Business Blog (MVL) at http://myvarietylevine.blogspot.com/

P/S: We might want to be the best like forever, but we might not be able to satisfy everyone.


With Love,

Gior D’ Ray (MVL’s Owner)

Real life expressed by words.

         




No comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Who Loves Me Loves MVL too!

My Students at SERENA

My Students at SERENA
Its cute!

Pidato Piala BPR

Pidato Piala BPR
Yearly Activity

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me

Im Searching for The Piece Of Me
Actually part of me still missing and im looking for it to have the PEACE inside of me!

My cute Actor!

My cute Actor!
i love this movie!